Sunday, December 6, 2009

SNOW!!!


If it was anything I wanted for my kids to have this winter, was for my kids to experience snow.  We figured moving almost 900 miles away from our home to the mountains would increase our chances significantly.  Then the inevitable happens.  Houston gets snow...inches of snow! Ack!! I didn't tell the kids.  Thankfully the same front moved in on us early Saturday morning and dusted a little on us.  The kids came running in our room screaming, "It's snowing! It's snowing! Nathan is on the roof making snowballs!" I looked out the front door to see Nathan sitting on the sill of the dormer in his room making a stockpile of snowballs. Nathan comes down and says "I have bad news.  The snow is starting to melt!"   Immediately everyone is scurrying to get dressed to go outside.

Nathan took the trucks off of his skateboard to make a snowboard. 



This Aggie wanted to give it a try:



Woops!  Not as easy as it looks, Huh? 



Let's try this again:


 Yes, those are socks on Barret's hand. Nathan and Andrew were wearing them also.
 
"I'm not going to throw it!  I just want you to take a picture of it."
.....and then he threw it at me.

We were all soaked to the bone and had frozen fingers, but it was a fun morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment