Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Signs of Affection

This past week I was up to my eyeballs in crafts.  Emma and Andrew had parties at school.  A simple box of Valentine's cards from  Wal-Mart was too simple for Emma.  She was satisfied with making the girls something for their hair. We worked on these for a couple of nights.
Little Miss Martha
 
We ended up making about 15 of these things


I suggested  personalized chap stick holders for the boys.  She spilled the beans to her classmates about her tokens of love and the chap stick holders where given a "thumbs down" by her friend Russell.
So we went with plan "B"... Suckers.  I found a tip on a blog on how to make heart shaped lollipops from mini candy canes.  I found them in the clearance basket at our local grocery store.  We already had the sticks from a failed project.

 
Take 2 mini canes to form a heart and put them in a 350 degree oven for approx 5 mins. to soften them.
Take them out and place a lollipop stick on the ends and use your fingers to press around the stick. Let cool for 5 minutes.

Once you've burned all your fingers, here is the end result.



We printed labels and attached them to the lollipops and Viola!


2 Happy Kiddos and One Tired Mom



Scot etched a vase for me with little words for  Valentine's Day.  I thought it was so pretty.


It came with a dozen roses, but I forgot to get a picture of it with the flowers while they were alive. Doh!
We forgot to tell the each other that we got something for the kids.  On Sunday morning, they ended up with 2 boxes of chocolates each.  Andrew loved them so much that he slept with them. When  he woke up Monday morning, everything, including his pajamas were covered in chocolate and caramel. It looked disgusting

Emma gave us a Valentine card  that said "I Love You Mom and Dad" Love, Emma.  PS.  I love my toys too.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment